Queens Park Crime Statistics
Here are some conclusions about our local crime figures, based on the latest Police figures, up to and including February 2015 [the nearest available date]. See all figures online at Police.uk.
The most common crimes in Queens Park in February 2015 were Anti-Social behaviour (11), burglary & Theft (6). There was one each for vehicle crime & public order.
The average crime rate in Brighton & Hove is 78 per cent, which can be ranked as ‘upper middle’ nationwide, below Oxford and Southampton but above Exeter and Reading.
The Brighton & Hove overall crime rate is significantly higher than equivalent cities on the south coast: Brighton & Hove 78 per cent, Eastbourne 63 per cent, Worthing 57 per cent.
Crime levels in the Queens Park area are much lower than surrounding areas of Brighton & Hove, and this appears statistically verifiable short term and long term. For example, crimes recorded in February 2015:
Queens Park 19
Kemp Town 78
[Central] Hove 101
North Laine 180
From March 2014 to February 2015, there were five recorded drugs related crimes in Queens Park, 3.23 per cent of all recorded crime.
Crime goes up in the summer months. You knew that already, but the statistics show that you can expect incidents of anti-social behaviour and public disorder to increase approximately 20 per cent in June, July and August.
There was a small spike in crimes in February 2015 in Queens Park, up to 19 from a record low of 6 in January 2015. The average number of crimes committed in Queens Park [over the last 12 months] is 12.92 crimes per month. The average number of crimes committed in Hanover [over the last 12 months] is 18.5 crimes per month.
The police took no further action over the vast majority of crimes committed in Queens Park. Over the last 12 months, 33 per cent of crimes have resulted in either further investigation, court action or ’offender dealt with by police’. The remaining 67 per cent are classified ‘no further action’, which is in line with national averages.
If you have any concerns or observations about crime in Queens Park, please contact the police on 101. Check out Sussex Police website here.